At Spirit Bee, we’re busy as our beloved bees. We invite you to explore new information about honeybees and their natural and spiritual role in the world of Nature.
Oh joy! Oh joy! The book is doing so well! Click HERE to visit the book page and watch the video our publisher made for the book. <– Be sure to see this, they did an amazing job getting the feeling of the farm and this different way of relating with bees.
Here’s something to get you buzzing! Watch this swarm in Jacqueline’s front yard. Put this on full screen and see the bees up close. And please do signup for our every-so-often newsletter. Look for the bee on the pink flower to the right and add your email address in the line below it.
Nifty things to do on the Spirit Bee website:
Read about the book here. “Song of Increase: Listening to the wisdom of honeybees for kinder beekeeping and a better world.”
- Sign up for our Bee Newsletter. I’ll tell you what I’m doing with our bees and share insightful posts and upcoming classes. Enter your email address on the upper right side of this page under the bee on the pink flower. This is how I keep in touch with you. When you sign up, you should receive my last seasonal issue. If you don’t, please Email Me and I’ll make sure you do.
2. Kind Words: Paul Wheaton, founder of Permies.com and well-traveled permaculture and agriculture teacher offered this comment that makes me blush: “For every class I have ever taken, every farm I have visited — and I have visited a lot — I have never experienced such respect for the animal in question. In this case, the hive. [What she does] goes beyond respect and into a realm of reverence. There is much to learn about being stewards of the land and stewards of animals from this woman. If you are a beginner, you should learn how to care for an animal to this depth FIRST and then start to explore how you can profit as a farmer, without changing the depth of respect.”
In June 2017 Jacqueline & Joseph are teaching at Paul’s 14 day Permaculture Design Course (PDC). This course has a tremendously experienced faculty. If you’d like to take the class in the hills of Montana, visit this link. Oh heck, just go here and see what it is because you may want to know how to use these deep homesteading skills some day. What’s Permaculture? Watch this couple speak about Paul’s class.
3. My book! I write about what the bees have taught me about their role in the world. Fascinating information that I often share in my classes. It released in 2016 and did so well it caught the attention of a few publishing houses. I chose SOUNDS TRUE as publisher and they helped me polish the book up even more. The newly revised book is doing really well. My intention is to teach people how to connect deeply and intimately with bees and to care for them with love and respect. You can order the book here through many different bookstores.
4. Our STORE lets you register for bee classes, order our stunning bee greeting cards, audio-files of our bees singing the “Song of Increase.” Bee-loving friends make things we particularly love — See what our clever friends make here.
5. Take a class with Jacqueline or one of our dear bee friends. Click on the Spirit Bee CLASSES link on the top banner. Learn how to catch a wild swarm with Jacqueline, and how to get started with our style of gentle beekeeping with Susan.
Do you live in the greater Portland OR & Vancouver WA area? Want to be notified of future Bee Classes and get-togethers? Join our Bee Meetup group. www.Meetup.com/Natural-Beekeeping
8. Watch videos of Jacqueline working with and talking about her bees. Oh yeah!
9. Cool news: The book is being translated into French. Ooh-la-lah! Available in early summer 2017.
In 2013 I was invited by the U.S. Embassy and the USDA to help rural beekeepers in Dominican Republic establish a biodynamic and organic honeybee program. ‘Twas a marvelous journey sharing knowledge and love for bees. Our good friend Michael Thiele from www.GaiaBees.com came, too. We found them remarkably respectful beekeepers, always willing to take the time to deeply listen to bees.
Begin your Spirit Bee journey by clicking on the link titled “How we care for our bees” and you’ll see “Listening to the Bees.” You’ve got a choice of reading or listening to me speak about how I got started with honeybees and where they’ve been taking me. I hope you enjoy it.
Jacqueline Freeman Human Bee-ing